Licensed Professional Counselor
I became a Licensed Professional Counselor in 2006 after completing a Masters Degree in Pastoral Counseling from Loyola College in Maryland. Prior to opening my private practice in West Ashley in 2013, I worked for seven years in a community mental health clinic in Baltimore, MD.
I am trained in both Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP). Both are active types of therapy. It’s not just talking about your feelings and problems. I may suggest that you try new things that may pull you out of your comfort zone but you always are free to accept or decline my suggestions. My aim is for us to work together as a team, to help you be the sort of person you want to be and build the sort of life you want to have.
I enjoy sharing with others what I’ve learned about OCD and anxiety. Here are some recent presentations and workshops I’ve given:
- “Emotional Eating After Weight Loss” – Coastal Carolina Bariatric Center (2017).
- “Parents’ Guide to Anxiety” – Jennie Moore Elementary School, Mt. Pleasant, SC (2017)
- “Tips and Tools for Treating Disorders on the OCD Spectrum” – Clinician’s Toolbox Series, Practice Place, Mt. Pleasant, SC (2017).
- “Anxiety: A Parent’s Guide” – Trident Academy, Mt. Pleasant, SC (2016).
- “The Worry Workshop: Parents’ Edition” – Jennie Moore Elementary School, Mt. Pleasant, SC (2016).
- “The ABCs of OCD” – Helping Professional Series, Palmetto Lowcountry Behavioral Health, Charleston, SC (2013).
Education and Specialized Training
- 2012 – “Exposure and Response Prevention Treatment for OCD: Intensive Workshop” – Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania.
- 2006 – Master’s Degree in Pastoral Counseling – Loyola College of Maryland.